Trade Settlement Specialist
What does a person in this occupation do?
The Trade Settlement Specialist is a finance specialist engaged primarily in monitoring, analysing, and processing transactions involving securities and other financial instruments in the market. Fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with long working hours.
- Facilitating the accurate and timely settlement of domestic transactions within various product areas, including asset backed securities, municipal and corporate bonds
- Identifying trade discrepancies and unmatched trades as well as mitigating the risks related to the trade life-cycle
- Daily reconciliation of securities movements
- Settlement of money market trades
- Responsibility for the receipt, delivery and custody of physical assets
- Adhering to money market cut-off times and processes
- Administering money market instruments
- Daily maturity and interest collection
Settlement Specialists undergo a number of examinations within the (South African Central Securities Depository [CSD]) Strate Compliance and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) Settlement Officer Examination programs in order to be competent at their profession, as the knowledge derived helps officers to understand the complex concepts of each market (these exams can typically be completed within a year).
- Computer literate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised/good time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise/take initiative
- A team player
- Good with people
- Excellent communications skills
- BComm in Accounting or Finance
- Follow tertiary qualification
- Financial Markets training an advantage
All sectors including Banking / Finance and Investment